After the record cold winter we had many of us are looking forward to Spring in Arkansas. Warmer temperatures and blooming flowers welcome in the warmer weather. The pollen and sneezing as well, but that is another story.
There are so many reasons to look forward to Spring in NW Arkansas. It means different things to different people. After polling a few locals we decided these are the top reasons to welcome in Spring!
- Flowers – Daffodils and Tulips are among the most abundant and recognized flowering plants in the area but you can also see the peach and pear blossoms as well as Hyacinths flowers. Take a drive down any back road this time of year for your own Springtime show.
- Waterfall Hikes – The weather is warmer and the spring rain has the waterfalls flowing! I suggest getting the Tim Ernst Book for locations and degree of difficulty for all Arkansas hikes.
- Morel Mushrooms – This edible treasure pops up in the Spring time in Arkansas. Morel hunters take to the woods to find these earthy delights hidden. We suggest you learn as much as you can before you head as not to pick one that will make you sick. Go to Only in Ark to find out more.
- Shed Hunting – This time of year the deer drop their antlers. Shed hunting like morel hunting is a fun springtime hobby around here. Please do not trespass on private land when looking.
- Kayak and Canoe trips – Arkansas is abundant with waterways where you can enjoy a peaceful journey and look up at bluffs and trees starting to turn green again. The Buffalo Outdoor Center is a great place to check out for rentals.
This is just a small list of things to do in the Spring. Arkansas is lively with all types of outdoor activities. Fishing, boating, camping are a few other Spring time favorites. What ever you decide to do, please do it with caution.